The Chakri Group
The Chakri Group was built and resided in by King Chulalongkorn, Rama V (1868-1910). Only the reception portion is now used, consisting of two wings for reception purposes decorated with galleries of portraiture. In between is the central throne-hall now used for various purposes and formerly for the reception of foreign envoys on the occasions of the presentation of their credentials. It is aptly decorated with four canvasses of diplomatic receptions.
One on the right as one enters depicts the reception by Queen Victoria of King Mongkut's ambassador in London, further on Louis XIV's reception of the mission sent by King Narai of Ayutthaya in the Galleries des Glaces in the Palace of Versailles; a third, on the other side of the room, King Mongkut's reception of the French Envoy, and the fourth of the reception at Fontainebleau by the Emperor Napoleon III of another Siamese Mission. The crystal decorations of the hall are mostly presents from foreign monarchs to King Chulalongkorn. By the side of the inner grand staircase is the dining hall attached to the building.
How to view Virtual Reality scene.
You can rotate the picture to the left-right, up-down
by dragging cursor over the image.
For zoom in-out : Press Shift - Control key (cursor over the image)
[ Home | Welcome to The Grand Palace | The Chapel Royal of The Emerald Buddha ]
[ The Upper Terrace | Subsidiary Buildings ]
[ The Galleries | The Phra Maha Monthian | Chakri MahaPrasat Hall | Dusit Maha Prasat Hall ]
[ Borom Phiman Mansion | Phra Asada Maha Chedi | Amarin Winitchai Hall | Bureau of The Royal Household ]
[ Grand Palace Map | Wat Phra Keo Museum | Virtual Reality Information | Helpful Information ]