Phra Thinang Chakri Maha Prasat
Phra Thinang Chakri Maha Prasat is part of a Royal Residence built by King Rama V in 1877. The original design by the British architect, Mr John Clunish, called for three domes over the building. But at the request of the former regent, Somdej Chao Phraya Borom Maha Si Suriyawong, King Rama V had them changed to prasat spires.
Phra Thinang Chakri Maha Prasat has three stories built on the plan of the letter T. The principal suites, used as reception rooms, occupy the first floor of the East and West Wings. The room below the central Prasat roof on the second floor is used as a shrine for the reliquary ashes of Kings Rama IV and V and their principal queens, as well as those of Kings Rama VI, VII and his queen and Rama VIII.
The reliquary ashes of the first three kings and their queens are enshrined in the Reliquary Hall of the Phra Maha Monthian. The two rooms below the prasat roof on the East and West Wings are respectively used as Repositories for Objects of Veneration and reliquary ashes of lesser queens and members of the royal family. These three rooms are connected by a long corridor.
How to view Virtual Reality scene.
You can rotate the picture to the left-right, up-down
by dragging cursor over the image.
For zoom in-out : Press Shift - Control key (cursor over the image)
[ Home | Welcome to The Grand Palace | The Chapel Royal of The Emerald Buddha ]
[ The Upper Terrace | Subsidiary Buildings ]
[ The Galleries | The Phra Maha Monthian | Chakri MahaPrasat Hall | Dusit Maha Prasat Hall ]
[ Borom Phiman Mansion | Phra Asada Maha Chedi | Amarin Winitchai Hall | Bureau of The Royal Household ]
[ Grand Palace Map | Wat Phra Keo Museum | Virtual Reality Information | Helpful Information ]